Thursday, October 13, 2011

SCD Recipe Round-Up and Reviews

I've been trying some new recipes and, so far, have had really good luck!

The homemade beef pepperoni that tastes like summer sausage turned out great.  I substituted Celtic sea salt for the "Tender Quick."  We've been eating this with raw cheese, cultured pickles, and fresh fruit nearly everyday for lunch.

I also made SCD yoghurt with organic whole milk and Dannon plain yogurt as the starter.  You can also get a yogurt starter from Azure Standard.  I've been making mine using the oven light as the heat source.  A digital thermometer with an alarm has come in very handy for this.  We have been enjoying this yogurt with just some frozen fruit mixed in, no sweetener at all!  And the SCD website claims that a cup of this yoghurt (properly made) contains over 700 billion c.f.u. (compare that to the 5 billion probiotic I take each morning!).

I've also made this Lemon Poppy Seed Bread.  Mine wasn't nearly as pretty, but it sure tasted good!  Next time I'm going to try it with half the amount of honey, it was very sweet and moist.

Wednesday we had Comfy Belly's Cinnamon Bun Muffins.  Winner!  I made these exactly how she had written, getting 9 muffins out of a recipe.

Tonight we had Comfy Belly's Chili Chicken Stir-Fry.  Yummo!  I served it with 1/2 head of cauliflower fried "rice" (chop the cauliflower into rice sized pieces, then stir-fry with onion in half olive oil/half sesame seed oil).  No leftovers tonight!  And I even had a kid request it for lunch tomorrow!

We've also been eating homemade breakfast sausage using ground turkey mixed with scrambled eggs.  Top with some raw cheese and salsa to make it extra exciting!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment